Wednesday 7 October 2015

Whistleblower asks for support to protect elderly and vulnerable

"During my time at Individual Solutions SK, there were several different occasions when my colleagues and I cried at our desks, empathising with adults, vulnerable elderly people and home support workers."

"Adults and vulnerable elderly people would ring to ask why their carer had not arrived, why the visit was missed and as a result they were hungry. Telling adults and vulnerable elderly people there are no carers to come was difficult and painful. I fed back to management several times and one day I went to top management and was told that Individual solutions SK provides high quality care and if you go to your MP we will deal with you."

https://www.change.org/p/prime-minister-david-cameron-support-vulnerable-adults-and-the-elderly-by-protecting-whistleblowers?source_location=petition_footer&algorithm=promoted

After I attempted to expose bad practice at Individual Solutions SK providing care for vulnerable adults and the elderly, I have been subjected to continued harassment and abuse that persists today. I even attempted to get the GMB Trade Union involved so that I could have someone fighting my corner, but they refused to support me.I turned to Manchester’s Employment Tribunal for help, in the hope that malpractice would be exposed. I soon discovered that I was mistaken. The current laws do not protect vulnerable adults, elderly people and whistleblowers like me.

Manchester’s tribunal ruled in favour of Stockport Council and Individual Solutions SK, disregarding much of the documented evidence in support of my case. A witness who had travelled 200 miles to give evidence was not allowed to speak to the tribunal. Many whistleblowers are threatened with cost orders, leading to the withdrawal of cases. I have been ordered to pay £5,000 in costs, for more details http://olesi.com/cost-order/

https://www.change.org/p/prime-minister-david-cameron-support-vulnerable-adults-and-the-elderly-by-protecting-whistleblowers?source_location=petition_footer&algorithm=promoted

Phoebe Olesi Muchilwa has a petition on change.org

Share on facebookShare on twitterShare on emailShare on google_plusone_shareShare on linkedinMore Sharing Services\l "\l "

No comments:

Post a Comment